Helen Doron English
Children Effortlessly Learn English
Learn with the world leader. Helen Doron International is the number 1 learning system for teaching English to young children, renowned worldwide for providing children with a rich and rewarding English learning experience.
- · Children are Motivated to Learn
- The Helen Doron teaching method takes children’s unique learning styles into account. Games, movement, music and lots of fun maximise kids’ natural love of learning and tendency to absorb languages. Highly experienced, specially trained teachers who are devoted to creating a nurturing and dynamic learning environment ensure that learning is enjoyable and effective.
- · Confident Children Through Positive Reinforcement
- When your child said his first word, you showed your delight; this positive feedback encouraged your child to continue saying that word and go on to new words. With Helen Doron Method, Children learn English in the same manner as they do their native language—with lots of positive reinforcement. Helen Doron certified teachers provide this positive encouragement in the classroom. The feeling of success brings motivation, which in turn brings more success.
- · Literacy
- Helen Doron International students love sharing books, reading and telling stories. These skills are the cornerstone to developing children’s vocabulary and literacy. Reading books fosters their curiosity, excites their imaginations, and helps them to better understand themselves and the world. Research shows that strong early reading skills in children yields higher intelligence and helps with overall general cognitive abilities.
Young children are born learning and are eager to understand the world around them. Helen Doron International’s English Numeracy offers a unique learning experience. Essential maths skills are practiced regularly through children’s intuitive play: stacking blocks, sorting toys, beading, and comparing quantities are only a small part of it. Our English Numeracy programme harnesses this creative energy and which enables them to explore and understand number sense and operations, problem solving and a data analysis
Developed by experts in child development and early childhood education, our English Numeracy programme encourages and inspires children to learn. Fun activities open up the world of maths and give children a basis for growing, learning and discovering.
- · Children Ages 3-4
- To find the mathematics in every-day life
- To explore and engage in activities which support the learning of mathematical concepts
- To express themselves mathematically with self-confidence
- · Children Ages 4-5
- To understand whole numbers represent quantity; counting, ordering and comparing as well as addition and subtraction
- To identify, copy and create patterns and relations
- To identify shapes and describe spatial relationships, reading maps, visualizing objects in space, and using geometry to solve problems
- To measure and compare; understand the concepts of length, weight, temperature, capacity, time, and money
- To use charts, tables, and graphs to organize, compare and interpret data
- · Children Ages 5-7
- Develop skills to foster mathematical thinking
- Problem solve
- Use concrete materials to form mathematical concepts
- Consolidate knowledge and build on their innate ability for mathematics
Ready Steady Move!
An Active Body is a Learning Body
Ready Steady Move! which is a unique Helen Doron programme combines various movement disciplines and second language acquisition to create a stimulating and fun learning environment for young children. The programme improves flexibility, body strength, balance and relaxation using techniques from dance, yoga, martial arts, theatre and Pilates to enhance language learning.
The major tenet of Ready Steady Move is that “an active body is a learning body.” This is the synergy used to teach both correct movement and language techniques together. In this way the children not only benefit from improved fitness and health but also learn a new language that, because of the use of movement, is retained and understood far better than in conventional teaching methods.
Hands on Expression
- Unleashing the Imagination
- Through Hands on Expression programme, Helen Doron International students learn to express themselves and develop an appreciation for beauty in the world around them. Our programme trains children to view the whole and its parts, to distinguish between figure and background, and to compare past events and experiences to present reality. When children are given many opportunities for interesting experiences, observing natural phenomena, developing conversations, speculating, and asking questions, the groundwork is laid for true self-expression.
- Emotional Development
- Our Hands on Expression programme nurtures the child’s emotional development. When a child produces art, there is no “right” or “wrong” – each work is “correct” because it expresses the experiences of the child, his thoughts, moods and emotions. In Helen Doron International classes, a child’s artwork is always welcomed and acknowledged, thus creating a sense of confidence in his own abilities.
- Cognitive Development
- Our programme reinforces the child’s cognitive development. Through art, the teacher establishes basic concepts and expands the child’s vocabulary (long – short, wet – dry, soft – hard). The artistic process allows children to imitate and reconstruct life experiences, develop creative self-expression and imagination as well as invent and execute new ideas.
Exploring Our World
- Children are Natural Scientists
- Helen Doron International students are curious and constantly explore their immediate environment and their place within it. Helen Doron International nurtures this natural tendency, to allow the children to grow in their ability, to make discoveries and become creative and great thinkers. Helen Doron International’s Exploring Our World programme provides children the opportunity to extend their natural curiosity and build theories. Science exploration in early childhood helps children develop skills, attitudes and ways of thinking that are important to almost every area of learning.
- Integrated Curriculum
- Our Exploring Our World programme exposes children to much more than science skills and concepts. It gives them the opportunity to explore, experiment, create, and problem solve. Language and literacy skills are developed through increased vocabulary and the opportunities to ask questions and solve problems.
- Music Through 7 Languages – Multilingualism
Helen Doron International multilingual curriculum is a unique programme built upon a child’s natural way of learning a language, without the need for translation and offers unique songs and dances in six languages: English, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Turkish, German and Russian.
Our multilingual programme nurtures multiple areas of a child’s development and sets the stage for multi-sensory learning. Our curriculum is based on the well-established fact that the more languages children acquire early in their lives, the more stimulation their brain receives during those important formative years.
Children up to the age of 7 learn these songs in six or seven languages so easily and naturally because they are exposed to them in Helen Doron International in a systematic and fun manner. As these languages are so very different in their structure and sounds, the connectivity created in the child’s brain is enormous. And this connectivity will be there to expand the child’s potential with all he does throughout his life.